Immergendoci nella natura, scopriamo la nostra natura



"Standing on the bare ground, my head bathed by the blithe air, and uplifted into infinite space, all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eyeball-I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me-I am part or particle of God.

The name of the nearest friend sounds then foreign and accidental: to be brothers, to be acquaintances-master or servant, is then a trifle, and a disturbance. I am a lover of uncontained and immortal beauty. 

In the wilderness, I have something more connate and dear than in the streets or villages. In the tranquil landscape, and especially in the distant line of the horizon, man beholds somewhat as beautiful as his own nature".

Nature.


Credo che questo ritrovarsi nella natura abbia molto a che fare con il concetto di centratura che i praticanti di yoga e di tecniche di meditazione conoscono molto bene. 

Peraltro, ma e' un discorso un po' complesso e che richiede tempo, dopo aver sperimentato tante modalita' di meditazione, quando vivevo in Italia e poi qui, sono giunto alla conclusione che la meditazione non fa molto per me.

(In sintesi estrema: l'effetto che molti praticanti trovano nella meditazione, io lo ottengo piu' facilmente scrivendo pensieri sui miei Moleskine - generando, in modo che mi risulta piuttosto naturale, una specie di "dialogo non giudicante" con la parte profonda di me stesso - piuttosto che "svuotando la mente").

Commenti